Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The date is set!

The date has been officially set for our wedding: Saturday, August 4, 2012!

I'm so happy that part has been taken care of. Big relief. As I'm sure all engaged/married couples know, that's the first question everyone asks you after they find out you're engaged. It's nice to have an answer now.

Unfortunately, since we're having it at the Bishop Memorial Chapel (Kamehameha campus), there is no reception venue on site. Aaron and I need to finalize the reception part, then we can really get cracking on the rest of the planning. We've been penciled in at 3660 for the same date, so that's our tentative reception site.

However, after attending The Wedding Café's Wednesday Night Workshop on venues, we're reconsidering having it at another location instead. Don't get us wrong, we LOVE the food and people at 3660. We just don't love the smaller size space, ceiling height, and room layout (L-shape). It's really a trade-off since nicer space=costs more. (sigh)

Side note: I have chosen my wedding gown (Casablanca design), from The Bridal Boutique. I got it for 40% off at their semi-annual sale. Aaron asked to see it. While I'm not an especially superstitious person, I still don't want him to see it, lest it ruin the "wow" factor on the day of.

No comments:

Post a Comment